Caring for Ageing Rural Australians
The Caring for Ageing Rural Australians Program (CARA) is a targeted small grant to support projects and activities that benefit older people living in small rural and remote communities.
In 2013, applications are invited from communities in rural, regional and remote New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and central Victoria.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to support projects and activities that directly benefit older people living in small rural and remote communities. Eligible projects and activities include those that:
- Help redress disadvantage caused by remoteness.
- Enhance aged care services and facilities.
- Build community capacity for age friendly communities
- Foster community development through opportunities and participation for older people
- Encourage positive and active ageing, community health and wellbeing, and education programs
Applications are invited from not-for-profit, incorporated community organisations. Applications from communities with a population of 10,000 or less, will receive priority. Organisations should have an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
You can view a list of a list of previous recipients on our website.
The 2013 program is now closed.
CARA Round 8 - 2013 Guidelines
CARA Round 8 - 2013 Application form
Please read the guidelines before submitting your application. If you have any queries or wish to discuss your project first, we strongly encourage you to contact the Program Manager, Jeanice Henderson on 1800 170 020