Proudly supported by
Previous funding rounds
Skills, Training, Engagement & Practical Support (STEPS)
The STEPS program was a joint initiative between the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal (FRRR) and Regional Development Victoria that supported communities affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires. It ran from July 2011 to May 2014.
The STEPS program is designed to enhance leadership in rural communities, improve the ability of not-for-profit groups to develop and implement community projects and ensure community groups avoid experiencing the effects of volunteer fatigue.
Grants were made in amounts from $100 to $30,000 depending on the category of the project and the funds available. The program covered five separate categories as outlined below:
- Projects that assist members of community groups to learn effective communication, motivation and planning skills through attending established leadership training courses.
Training and skill development
- Projects that enhance the skill base of community groups through enabling members to attend formal training courses or workshops.
Strengthen community networks and communication
- Projects that encourage communities to work together, network, share information and learn from each other.
- Projects that provide community groups and individuals within community groups, access to support and guidance through a suitable mentor.
Practical human resource support
- Projects that provide evidence that human resource support is needed to allow successful completion of recovery related initiatives.
The 2009 STEPS program is now closed
Projects had to directly relate to communities affected by or impacted by the 2009 Victorian bushfires and must be for a charitable purpose that benefit the wider community in the medium to long-term recovery process.
Projects which contribute to community renewal and/or rebuilding in the areas of social and community wellbeing, economic, environment, health, education and culture were considered.
Applicant organisations must have an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
The program guidelines were:
- Community Leadership - Guidelines and application form
- Training and Skill Development - Guidelines and application form
- Strengthen Community Networks and Communication - Guidelines and application form
- Mentoring Support - Guidelines and application form
- Practical Human Resource Support - Guidelines and application form
If you have any queries, please call 1800 170 020 during business hours.