Every dollar makes a difference
As the only national organisation offering small, discretionary grants, FRRR plays an important role in making philanthropic money accessible to communities who would otherwise not receive this support.
We do this by facilitating collaboration between donors, leveraging investments and ensuring they reach those who need them most through our grant programs.
Without this grant the project would not have gone ahead. We are extremely grateful and excited to receive the grant as it means we can begin to provide a service that was outside those otherwise available… Thank you for the opportunity.
George Town Community House - Tasmania, Small Grants for Rural Communities Recipient
How you can help
Demand for our grants is very high and every program we run is significantly over-subscribed: on average we can satisfy only a quarter of the requests we receive, so we are always eager to increase the level of funds available to our grant programs.
Donations therefore are the lifeblood of our organisation and we greatly appreciate contributions to any of our existing grant programs, or towards FRRR generally.
Here are 5 reasons to support FRRR:
1. We reach community groups that often can’t access tax deductible donations.
2. We diligently assess the organisations and projects that receive grants, so you can be confident that your money is going to make a difference.
3. We are locally driven – so funds go to where our communities most need them.
4. Funds can go exactly where you want them to – it could be to a particular cause such as education, disaster recovery, aged care, environmental initiatives or culture and arts projects, or to a particular location.
5. We are efficient - our administration costs are low and so virtually all of your donation will go directly to groups in need.
If you have any questions or want to discuss the best way you could help us, call our CEO on
(03) 5420 2399 or email us.