- Home >
Lachlan Region Community Grants Program
The Lachlan Region Community Grants Program contributes to community development and addresses local needs in the Lachlan Shire. The grants fund charitable projects which contribute to community renewal and/or rebuilding in the areas of social and community wellbeing, economic, environmental, health, educational and cultural areas. There are no prescribed limits to the grant amount however the broad split will be $40,000 dedicated to requests under $5,000 and $60,000 unrestricted (determined by the Committee).
Projects should address issues nominated as of concern/need by local people including youth well-being, education and training, local skill development, early years intervention and parental capacity building, access to services and opportunities (combatting isolation), and allied health.
The recipients of the first round of grants, which were distributed at the end of 2012, shared $100,000.
The recipients of the second round of grants, which were distributed at the end of 2013, shared $87,200.
The 2014 program will be open in August, with fundraising already underway.
Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation (VFFF) www.vfff.org.au is providing funding over three years to the Lachlan Region Community Grants Program. The funding sets a ‘matching fundraising challenge’ to the community – and this is where you can help. VFFF will provide:
- In 2012: $100,000
- In 2013: $75,000 and match funds raised locally up to $25,000
- In 2014: $50,000 and match funds raised locally up to $50,000
YOU can also donate to this program!
FRRR hosts a ‘donation account’ for this Lachlan Region Community Grants Program, into which VFFF and others (individuals, businesses etc) can donate to the program and receive a tax deductible receipt. The funds are distributed directly from the donation account to community organisations that are awarded grants. If you want to donate to Lachlan Region Community Grants Program, download a Donation Form or go to the online donation page.
Administration for this program is provided by Western Plains Regional Development Inc and Lachlan Shire Council, with the support of FRRR and VFFF. If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Tammy Bugg on 02 6895 3301 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Focus and Guidelines
Within the broad purpose, priority will be given to:
1) Activities that address issues nominated as of concern/need by local people:
- Youth well being
- Education and training
- Local skill development
- Early years intervention and parental capacity building
- Access to services and opportunities (combatting isolation)
- Allied health
2) Approaches that promote whole-of-community thinking and action:
- Projects that involve one or more partners
- Partnerships that involve multiple sectors (ie. community group, business and school)
- Activities that increase co-ordination between service providers and other entities
3) Activities that build on local strengths and develop capacity:
- Building on and growing effective existing activities
- Offering locally-sustainable solutions to local issues