McEwen Foundation Grants Program
Grants for the Goulburn Valley District, Victoria
Between 2007 and 2013 the McEwen Foundation, which is managed by ANZ Trustees, and FRRR have partnered to provide grants for charitable projects within the wider Goulburn Valley District, Victoria.
A revised version of this program will operate for again in 2014, to deliver grants of up to $10,000 for projects and activities that offer clear benefit for rural communities in in the wider Goulburn Valley, that contribute to their development in social and community welfare, economic, environmental, health, education or cultural areas.
Projects must offer a clear public benefit, be for charitable purposes, and address a need in the community. In keeping with the wishes of the late Lady McEwen, and future directions of the McEwen Foundation, priority will be given to projects that support:
- Youth development and/or supporting vulnerable young children;
- Children’s early learning and development services; and,
- Accommodation which benefits older people
Projects should be located in the wider Goulburn Valley District, Victoria in the LGAs of:
- Campaspe Shire Council,
- Greater Shepparton City Council,
- Mitchell Shire Council,
- Moira Shire Council,
- Murrindindi Shire Council and
- Strathbogie Shire Council
Those LGA’s marked with a * are eligible for
FRRR & The McEwen Foundation Partnership Grants 2014 and are defined as the wider Goulburn Valley Area, Victoria, for the purposes of this grant program.
For a full list of eligible localities, please refer to the second page of the program guidelines.
Organisations must be a Charitable Organisation (Charitable Institution OR Public Benevolent Institution OR Health Promotion Charity) AND be DGR endorsed.
Applications open Friday 7 March and close at 5pm Monday 5 May 2014.
- Please read the Guidelines and ensure you are eligible before completing the Application Form
- Please ensure that the organisation name on your application is the same as that listed on the ABN or Incorporation Certificate
- Please ensure your application is signed by the head of your organisation
- Please submit all supporting material with the application (e.g. a copy of the ABN or Incorporation Certificate, a copy of your organisation’s DGR and Charitable endorsement from the ATO, your organisation’s financials and any letters of support and/or quotes)
If you have any questions about the 2014 grant program please see the FAQs before calling us on freecall 1800 170 020 during office hours. You may also be interested in reading our top tips for great applications.
Previously this grant program has awarded 51 grants to projects or organisations in 16 of towns in the Goulburn Valley. The grants to date have totalled $405,000. The FRRR McEwen Foundation Grants for the Goulburn Valley program has supported both the “maintenance of activities and services” through equipment and infrastructure (61%), and “building institutions” and “changing systems” through supporting operations and programs (39%).