Patrons, Board & Governance
FRRR is fortunate to have a number of highly regarded figures as our Patrons and Board, guiding our activities.
Patron in Chief
- His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd)
Governor-General of the Commonwealth Of Australia
|Front L-R: Ian Allen OAM; Rt Hon Ian Sinclair AC; |
Tim Fairfax AC
Back L-R: Annabel Dulhunty; Fred Grimwade;
Annie Grindrod; Patrick Myer; Paddy Handbury
Absent: Bill Kelty AC; Mike Mrdak
- The Rt Hon Ian Sinclair AC, Chairman
- Mr Ian Allen OAM
- Mr Tim Fairfax AC
- Mr Fred Grimwade
- Mr Paddy Handbury
- Mr Bill Kelty AC
- Mr Mike Mrdak AO
- Mr Patrick Myer
- Ms Annie Grindrod
- Ms Annabel Dulhunty
Role of the Board
The FRRR Board of Directors exercises the powers vested in it by the Corporations Law and the Company's Constitution. The Board is directly responsible to its members for the long-term health and prosperity of the Company.
FRRR’s policies and practices provide the framework which enables the Board's principal role to be achieved while ensuring that FRRR activities are conducted ethically and in accordance with the law.
The Board charts the direction of FRRR and monitors management's performance. Its responsibilities include:
- Setting the vision and providing strategic direction, ensuring there is rigorous analysis and substantiation of thinking supporting the strategy and reviewing the effective implementation of the strategy.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate governance structures, including evaluating the performance of Directors, appropriate audit & risk management, etc.
- Ensuring resources are available to achieve the Company’s strategic plan and its annual business plans and budgets.
- Regularly monitoring the Company’s operational key performance indicators and its financial performance against these plans and budgets.
- Identifying and recommending an appropriate Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and reviewing the performance of the CEO.
- Ensuring that the Company’s financial and other reporting mechanisms result in adequate, accurate and timely information being provided to the Board.
- Ensuring significant business and other risks to the Company are identified and appropriately managed and adequate internal controls are in place.
- Ratifying the appointment, removal and remuneration of direct reports to the CEO.
- Monitoring management's activities and performance to ensure the strategic plan and direction are being achieved.
- Ensuring the Company’s Occupation, Health and Safety (OH&S) policies and processes are clearly articulated, all employees are adequately trained in them and there is continuous monitoring and evaluation to ensure OH&S risks are proactively identified and mitigated.
- Ensuring the Company's activities are conducted ethically and transparently through setting business standards and codes of ethical behaviour.