Purpose and objectives
FRRR’s strategy is focused on enabling communities to build their social capital and economic resilience; by engaging and providing resources for projects that create the change that communities aspire to achieve.
Through this approach, we aim to:
- Promote, for the public benefit, rural renewal, regeneration and development in Australia in social, economic, environmental and cultural areas.
- Add value to the work of rural organisations to resolve regional development issues at a national and local level.
- Strengthen regional capacity for growth, development and adjustment in the context of national and global change.
- Develop new ideas and methods through thinking, researching, debating, testing and informing to address issues facing regional and rural Australia.
- Strengthen the regional and rural voice to ensure vigorous regional and rural participation in national growth and development.
- Provide facilitation services to assist groups to lead and face change so that regional and local communities can choose paths to their futures.
- Raise money and other resources (both tax deductible and non-tax deductible) for the operation of the national body and the funding of national services and programs to resource rural Australia.
- Raise money and other resources (both tax deductible and non-tax deductible) for direct use by regions for projects and/or seed funding for local capacity building and funding bodies.
- Provide expertise and support to local and regional bodies to assist them to raise funds for local capacity building projects and initiatives.