ANZ Seeds of Renewal Program
Seeds of Renewal is a grants program, supported by ANZ, which aims to contribute to building thriving communities in regional Australia.
The grants are independently administered by the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR).
In 2013, the program provided $250,000 for grants of up to $10,000 to community organisations for projects focused on creating education and employment opportunities. Preference was given to applications that help to advance education and employment opportunities in regional communities.
Applications were invited from not-for-profit community based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate which contributed to the development of education and employment opportunities of communities with a population of 15,000 people or less.
To view a list of successful projects from the Seeds of Renewal 2013 program click here.
If you have any questions, check out FRRR's FAQ page, before calling the office on freecall 1800 170 020 during business hours.
Seeds of Renewal 2013 - Guidelines
Seeds of Renewal 2013 - Application form
Some examples of suitable projects in past years have included:
- Provision of certified training courses at local community centres
- Development of facilities or equipment for educational purposes (from early childhood learning through to adult education)
- Developing and implementing programs which help to address issues of attendance in schools or expand the curriculum on offer
- Supporting programs that help people to prepare for employment or return to education
- Supporting programs which help people to learn new skills and knowledge such as mentoring, structured networking opportunities or professional development (these could be virtually or in person)
- Developing micro-business or social enterprises which help to create employment
- Quotes and letters of support strengthen your application, as does the inclusion of in kind support and other sources of funding in your project budget. We highly recommend that you include these with your application.
- Only one project per organisation will be funded (please submit only one application per organisation)
ANZ Staff Volunteering Opportunities:
Opportunities may also be made available for ANZ staff to provide further in-kind support though volunteering their time to assist rural and regional not for profit organisations.
Please tick the box at the end of the application form if your organisation is located less than one hour’s drive from the closest ANZ branch and would be interested in hosting an ANZ regional staff member as a skilled volunteer. Your organisation’s details will be passed onto the local ANZ Regional Executive. NB this is not part of the grant program and will not be considered in assessing applications.