Small Grants for Small Communities
Read news stories about some of the projects this program has funded
The Small Grants for Small Rural Communities is a collaborative program supported by various partners. It is the longest running and broadest program offered by FRRR. The program is open twice a year, and closes at the end of March and September.
The program will offer up to $400,000 per round in grants up to $5,000 for projects and activities that offer clear public benefit for communities, with populations of 10,000 or less, living in small rural and remote locations in Australia, contributing to their development in social and community welfare, economic, environmental, health, education or cultural areas.
Applications are invited from not-for-profit, incorporated community organisations. Organisations should have an ABN or Incorporation Certificate and projects must be for a charitable purpose (benefit the whole community). Deductable Gift Recipient status (DGR) is not required for this grant program.
While the criteria for this program is broad, we cannot fund operational and administration costs, travel or accommodation. Please note also, that the encouragement or advancement of sport, recreation and social activities is not considered a charitable activity by the Australian Taxation Office. Applications from sporting organisations need to clearly demonstrate a benefit to the wider community. If you are unsure if your project is eligible please contact the office to discuss the idea.
Round 24 is now closed.
- Round 24 Guidelines
- Round 24 Application Form
If you have any questions please see the FAQs before calling us on freecall 1800 170 020 during office hours.
- Please read the Guidelines before completing the Application Form
- Please ensure that the organisation name on your application is the same as that listed on the ABN or Incorporation Certificate
- Please ensure your application is signed by the head of your organisation
- Please submit all supporting material with the application (e.g. a copy of the ABN or Incorporation Certificate, a copy of your organisation financials, any letters of support and/or quotes)
You may also be interested in reading our top tips for great applications.