Social Innovation Fund:
Strengthening Community Engagement Program - Wagga Wagga
Proudly supported by
Previous funding rounds
The Strengthening Community Engagement program is a partnership between the NSW Department of Family & Community Services (FACS) and the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal (FRRR), as part of the Social Innovation Fund.
A key focus of the program is to improve education, training and employment outcomes for young people through the delivery of a range of sustainable services to residents that enhance safety, aspirations and opportunities for young people.
The program intends to stimulate innovative approaches to challenges and opportunities and to further develop the community hubs in the Wagga Wagga social housing estates of Tolland, Kooringal and Ashmont.
As a result of consultations with young people and service providers in the three social housing estates in Wagga Wagga, the program has a focus on seeding the establishment of social enterprises that can provide training and employment opportunities, and respond to identified areas of need in the estates, including safety, property maintenance, transport, and childcare / out of hours care.
Initiatives should aim to deliver sustainable services that enhance the physical presentation and sense of safety and community pride in the estates; activate / utilise the hubs; and provide genuine skills and pathways into the open employment market for young people.
There is $270,000 available for projects that respond directly to the priority outcome areas. Projects should have strong elements of sustainability, with the aim of starting to see potential longer-term changes for the Tolland, Kooringal and Ashmont Estates.
There is no limit on the funds that can be requested. However, co-funding and / or in-kind support and demonstrated partnerships and collaborations will be highly regarded.
- Applicants must be an Australian not-for-profit organisation that offers clear public benefit for communities with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
- Projects must demonstrate that the local community / residents have been engaged in the project design and projects that engage youth from Tolland, Kooringal and / or Ashmont throughout the implementation will be prioritised.
- Projects must be able to demonstrate strong community support and involvement of a range of community groups / stakeholders. Projects with clearly defined and articulated partnerships and collaborative approaches will be prioritised.
- Projects must demonstrate a longer term view and build sustainability into the project so that outcomes can be seen into the long term future. Any mechanisms utilised for including the long term view of the community throughout development should be included within the application.
- Projects must be undertaken from October 2017 (projects will not be retrospectively funded).
The Social Innovation Fund: Strengthening Community Engagement Program - Wagga Wagga is now closed.
Please review the Program Guidelines before submitting your Expression of Interest.
FRRR invites local not-for-profit organisations interested in establishing a social enterprise or other relevant initiative in the Tolland, Kooringal and / or Ashmont Estates, to submit an Expression of Interest by COB Friday, 18 August 2017.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to a two-hour workshop in Wagga Wagga on Friday, 1 September 2017 to discuss their application further.
Details of the expression of interest process and timeframes are outlined in the Guidelines, together with a number of resources to assist in the development of the project.
Submit your Expression of Interest by email (preferred) or post:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight (AEST) Friday, 18 August 2017. EMAILED APPLICATIONS AS WORD DOCUMENTS ARE PREFERRED TO PDF FILES.
- Post: FRRR - Wagga Wagga Strengthening Community Engagement Program, PO Box 41, Bendigo Vic 3552 postmarked on or before Friday, 18 August 2017.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss your project first, please call Natalie Egleton on freecall 1800 170 020.