Every dollar makes a difference
As the only national organisation offering small, discretionary grants specifically for rural, regional and remote Australia, FRRR plays an important role in making philanthropic money accessible to communities who would otherwise not be able to access this support.
We facilitate collaboration between donors, leveraging investments and ensuring they reach those who need them most through our grant programs.
Demand for our grants is very high and every program we run is significantly over-subscribed. Last financial year, more than 50% of applications were unable to be funded, although many would have been deserving of support, so we are always eager to increase the level of funds available to our grant programs.
As a charity registered with and regulated by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), you can give confidently, knowing that we are a trusted and accredited organisation.
"Being a small school, we always value the financial assistance provided from grants as these enable us to run projects within the school that we otherwise would not be able to run due to budget constraints. This grant has enabled us to create an outdoor cooking / eating space that meets the needs of our school community by providing equipment and storage to support programs in the school such as sausage sizzle days, community BBQ’s and other social and educational events."
Dederang Primary School - 2016/17 Tailored Grant Recipient
Donations are the lifeblood of our organisation and there are a number of ways you can give to help build vibrant rural, regional and remote communities. No contribution is too small, with every donation over $2 tax deductible.
Click below to take you to more information, or to make a donation.
Help in Other Ways via
Here are 5 reasons to support FRRR:
- We reach community groups that often can’t access tax deductible donations.
- We diligently assess the organisations and projects that receive grants, so you can be confident that your money is going to make a difference.
- We are locally driven – so funds go to where our communities most need them.
- Funds can go exactly where you want them to – it could be to a particular cause such as education, disaster recovery, aged care, environmental initiatives or culture and arts projects, or to a particular location.
- We are efficient - our administration costs are low and so virtually all of your donation will go directly to groups in need.
FRRR will always endeavour to meet a donor’s preference for causes, populations or geographies in line with FRRR’s charitable purposes and objects, however the donor acknowledges that all donations made to FRRR are at FRRR’s discretion. If a donor’s preferences cannot be met, such as when a project cannot proceed or an organisation is no longer viable, FRRR will direct funds toward charitable activities which FRRR considers to reflect as closely as possible the charitable purposes the donor wished to support. For more information, call FRRR on 1800 170 020.
If you have any questions or want to discuss the best way you could help us, call our CEO on
(03) 5420 2399 or email us.