Fred is an Executive Director of specialist corporate advisory and investment firm, Fawkner Capital.
He grew up on a sheep and cattle property at Glenaroua in Central Victoria before completing his education at Melbourne Grammar School and the University of Melbourne (B Com, LLB (Hons)).
After a brief stint as a commercial lawyer, Fred gained an MBA at Columbia University in New York and later worked with international investment bank Goldman, Sachs & Co. in New York and Sydney.
Subsequently Fred was a senior executive with Western Mining Corporation, Colonial Mutual and was Head of Private Capital for Colonial First State Investments.
He was Managing Director of the Colonial Agricultural Company, one of Australia’s largest beef producers, from 1998 to 2006 and a non-executive director of AWB Limited from 2008 to 2010.
Fred continues his involvement in agriculture and mining as a non-executive director of Select Harvests, Australia’s largest almond manager, and Troy Resources, a Perth based gold mining company.
- Chairman of CPT Global
- Senior Fellow and Life Member of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of Chartered Secretaries Australia
- Director of Melbourne Girls' Grammar School
- Director of the Ian Potter Museum of Art at the University of Melbourne
- Chairman of the Australian Institute of Art History.