Our 2016/17 Annual Review
FRRR is pleased to share our 2016/17 Annual Review. You can browse through the online summary and read the more detailed PDF report to learn more about what small, grassroots community groups can achieve with the support of philanthropy.
Thanks to our generous donors and partners, it has been another successful year for FRRR and the rural, regional and remote Australian communities that we support. Together, we’re working hard to strengthen the people, places and prosperity of small communities across the country. Here are a handful of the highlights for FY2016/17:
- An increase in the number of donor partners with 590 unique donors and 74 donating more than once;
- Contributed more than $7.2 million via 776 donations;
- FRRR distributed nearly $6.7 million to 743 community projects;
- This included 62 Fundraising Accounts that raised $1,253,886. FRRR granted $1,035,518 to these community-driven projects;
- 2,285 applications were received across 24 active grant programs;
- FRRR staff fielded 2,478 phone calls from community groups, spending the equivalent of 55 days on the phone and participated in more than 60 conferences, events, panels and round-tables.
This funding has reached community groups in far flung places that often can’t access this kind of support. This Review features just a few examples of the innovative and important things communities have achieved with FRRR’s support, from strengthening community morale by bringing people together at events and repairing critical community facilities, to building capacity through leadership courses, and building a strong foundation through improved access to education – every FRRR grant made is money well spent in rural, regional and remote communities!
We would also love for you to pass it on to anyone you know that is not familiar with FRRR's work but may be interested in learning more about the challenges and opportunities in rural, regional and remote Australia.
Finally, we welcome your feedback, so if you have any thoughts on the Annual Review, please drop us an email.