Technology proudly supplied by
Previous funding rounds
ANZ Seeds of Renewal
The ANZ Seeds of Renewal Program, which has been running since 2003, demonstrates ANZ’s belief in vibrant, sustainable rural communities.
The program focuses specifically on helping build vibrant and sustainable rural communities, to ensure the ongoing prosperity of regional Australia. It is built on two key tenets:
- Vibrant communities are diverse and inclusive with strong social capital, where everyone can participate and build a better life.
- Sustainable communities innovate, expand and create opportunities that will deliver demonstrable medium-to-long-term economic benefit to the community, contributing to economic sustainability.
Through the Seeds of Renewal program, ANZ commits $250,000 which is distributed through grants of up to $15,000 to community organisations for projects that will help their community thrive.
This year Lenovo is again supporting the program, with donations of '2 in 1’ Lenovo Miix 720 devices to eligible community projects. This means community groups can apply for a funding grant or for IT equipment.
Examples of projects that could receive a grant include:
- Providing training opportunities to enable community members to build skills, increasing their capacity for employment or creating business opportunities.
- Supporting programs that help develop micro-business or social enterprises that involve strong community engagement and help to create employment opportunities.
Strong projects include those that:
- Focus on building local capacity and increasing community participation
- Benefit a large number of people from a diverse range of social groups
- Encourage inclusion and participation of under-represented and marginalised groups
- Will deliver ongoing and widespread economic benefits to the community and contribute to economic sustainability.
The 2018 ANZ Seeds of Renewal program opens 2 July.
Applications are invited from not-for-profit community based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate which contribute to the development of education and employment opportunities of communities with a population of 15,000 people or fewer.
Read about the recipients of 2017 ANZ Seeds of Renewal grants.
While it is not part of the assessment of the grant applications, ANZ also welcomes information about any opportunities that may be available for ANZ staff to become involved in the project, by volunteering their time to assist rural and regional not-for-profit organisations.
If your organisation is located less than one hour’s drive from the closest ANZ branch and would be interested in hosting an ANZ regional staff member as a skilled volunteer, please tick the appropriate box on the application form.
Your organisation’s details will be passed onto the local ANZ Regional Executive if your organisation is successful in obtaining a grant.
- Building vibrant local economies - Wycheproof's $1 Farmhouse project
- Timboon turning lavender
- Mannum's community vision enhanced with new technology
- Deadly Sista Girlz see the school light
- Community program cultivates local leadership skills
"I can't emphasise enough just how valuable this project has been, and continues to be, to our community, and what a catalyst it has become for the vision to developing 'cultural tourism' as an alternate industry for our community."
Mary Brown, President - Hinchinbrook Chamber of Commerce, Industry & Tourism Inc - ANZ Seeds of Renewal
If you have any queries, or wish to discuss your project first, please call 1800 170 020 during business hours.