Proudly supported by
Stronger Community Foundations
In response to the 2009 Victorian bushfires, the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund (VBAF) established five Community Foundations or Trusts to support long-term recovery in impacted communities.
FRRR developed the Stronger Community Foundations (SCF) grant program specifically to enable these Community Foundations / Trusts to navigate the complexities of grant-making in their individual community contexts, be networked and connected to others in their field and best practices, and be positioned to reflect and be a voice for local community issues and priorities.
These funds are available through three streams providing resources to build confidence and capability in regard to grant-making, community asset-building and future viability. This includes:
- Mentoring & Practical Support;
- Networking & Professional Development; and
- Visioning Future Roles.
Eligible Foundations and Trusts
SCF funds are only available to the following VBAF established Community Foundations / Trusts:
- Marysville Triangle Community Foundation (Murrindindi Shire)
- Mitchell Community Resources Advocacy Group (Mitchell Shire)
- Ranges Foundation (Murrindindi and Nillumbik Shires)
- Into Our Hands Foundation (Indigo, Wangarrata and Alpine Shires)
- Strathewen Bushfire Relief Trust (Nillumbik Shire)
If you have any queries please contact the FRRR Disaster Recovery and Resilience program team on:
T: 03 5430 2399 (or freecall 1800 170 020)